Call for Small Projects
Funding available: £10,000
Application deadline: Midday Monday 20th November 2017
The Data Science Institute invites submissions for proposals with the potential to develop successful interdisciplinary data science activities at The University of Manchester. Joint applications from researchers developing collaborations across different disciplines are encouraged.
Examples of funding modes include:
- Feasibility projects in interdisciplinary data science with the potential to lead to external funding.
- Support for the preparation of proposals in the area of data science
- Support for the development of new collaborative networks which may involve both internal and external partners
Applications should be up to £10,000, although larger proposals may be considered if they are of exceptional merit.
Proposals should be up to six months in duration and funds should be expended by 31st July 2018. An end of grant report will be requested following the completion of the project.
- Applicants are required to submit a written proposal for their pump-priming activity totalling no more than two sides of A4 using the provided submission form which can be downloaded below.
- The application should clearly demonstrate that the proposed activity meets the above essential criteria
Project Submission Form:
Please click here to download the Project Submission Form & submit no later than midday on Monday 20th November 2017 to email@example.com. They will then be assessed by the Data Science Institute Management Board chaired by the Director, Professor Magnus Rattray.