Advances in Data Science 2017
Venue: Museum if Science & Industry, Liverpool Rd, Manchester M3 4FP
A two-day meeting to present recent developments in data science, with a focus on advanced analytics (machine learning, Bayesian statistics, scalable algorithms), privacy, visualisation, software and diverse applications. Speakers include leading data scientists from industry and academia.
- Mark Girolami, Imperial College London and The Alan Turing Institute
- Raia Hadsell, DeepMind
- Zoubin Ghahramani, University of Cambridge and Uber AI
- Yves-Alexandre de Montjoye, Imperial College London
- Borja de Balle Pigem, Lancaster University
- Jean-Pierre Hubaux, EPFL
- StJohn Deakins, CitizenMe
- Ruth King, University of Edinburgh
- Gaël Varoquaux, INRIA
- Sophie Sparkes, Tableau Software
- Caroline Jay, University of Manchester
- Idris Eckley, Lancaster University
- David van Dyk, Imperial College London
- Niall Robinson, Met Office Informatics Lab
The registration fee is £100 and the cost of the optional workshop dinner on Monday evening is £50. Please register your place using the link below.
To be considered for a short oral presentation or poster please submit an abstract describing new or recently published data science research. Relevant topics for the meeting include advances in machine learning and computational statistics, data science applications, privacy, visualisation and software. The deadline for submissions is Monday 3rd April 2017; click here for more information on how to submit.