'Data Analytics on Trial' Workshop
Time: 13:00 - 16.30
Venue: Lecture Pod A, Alliance Manchester Business School, Booth Street West, Manchester, M15 6PB
Sorry, this event has now ended.
How do learnings and concepts make it all the way from classrooms and lecture theatres to something physical and tangible that business professionals in the legal sector can use? Part of the answer, at least, can lie in tools that enhance their decision-making ability, whether from the comfort of a desk or in the heated environment of a courtroom.
In this event, you will hear about how industry and academia converge in LegalTech, and how businesses take AI and data science from mere strategy to practical application.
Network with others with a shared interest in decision analysis, data science, AI and/or LegalTech and meet to discuss:
- How do learnings and theoretical concepts make it all the way from lecture theatres to something physical and tangible that business and legal professionals can use?
- What tools can we use to enhance decision-making ability, whether from the comfort of a desk or in the heated environment of a courtroom?
- Can industry and academia converge in LegalTech?
- How do we take AI and data science from mere strategy to practical applications within businesses?
The workshop aims to bridge the academic and industry gap in LegalTech.
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm Networking buffet lunch
- 2:00pm - 2:10pm Introduction - Nadia Papamichail (Alliance Manchester Business School)
- 2:10pm - 2:30pm Bridging the gap: Academia to Industry – Mayowa Ayodele (DWF)
- 2:30pm - 2:50pm Bridging the gap: Strategy to Application – Geraldine Gallagher (Clyde & Co)
- 2.50pm - 3:10pm Break
- 3:10pm - 4.00pm Panel Discussion – chaired by Andrew James (Alliance Manchester Business School)
- 4:00pm - 4:20pm Legal tech Geeks & other Innovations – Jonathan Patterson (DWF)
- 4:20pm – 4:30pm Wrap up
The event is free of charge, but please book your place via the following link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/data-analytics-on-trial-tickets-61871328810
Any queries, please send an e-mail to Nadia Papamichail (firstname.lastname@example.org)