Introduction to Data Analysis 2
Time: 10am - 4.30pm
Venue: The Cathie Marsh Institute for Social Research, Humanities Bridgeford St Building, M13 9PL
Sorry, this event has now ended.
Dates: 5 October 2017
Time: 1 day (10am - 4.30pm)
Instructor: Jen Prattley
Fee: £195 (£140 for those from educational, government and charitable institutions).
This course provides an introduction to the theory and methods of quantitative data analysis of relationships between variables, focussing on the techniques of Chi-square tests, correlation and linear regression.
The course will examine relationships between variables covering:
- The concept of statistical significance
- The theory and execution of a simple chi square test for relationships between categorical variables
- How to test whether a relationship between two interval variables exists using correlation
- How to describe relationships between variables using a statistical model based on linear regression methods
- The use of control variables to control for confounding variables
- The interpretation of statistical results and their use in making research conclusions