Mathematics for Industry: Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies Conference 2018
Venue: Alan Turing Building, School of Mathematics, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13
The School of Mathematics at the University of Manchester are excited to be hosting a one day workshop on blockchain and cryptocurrencies. The workshop will feature invited talks from academics and those in industry, in addition to contributed talks and a poster session. The aim of the workshop is to strengthen the ties and bridge the gap between academics and industry, and also enthusiasts, and to provide an opportunity to share research and developments in blockchain and cryptocurrencies.
The workshop theme will be “Mathematics for Industry”, with a focus on the growing area of blockchain and cryptocurrencies. The format will be a one-day workshop with parallel sessions, with a lunch break and a reception in the evening.
The conference is open to students, academics, and those working in industry. We have limited financial support available for PhD students. This covers the cost of the conference fee and includes an extra £100 to cover transportation/subsistence costs. Given the availability of funding, this will be competitive and the selection process will be conducted by the organising committee. Priority will be given to PhD students presenting talks or posters. In addition, the best student poster will be awarded a prize!
Call for Papers
The programme will consist of invited and contributed talks throughout the day, in addition to a poster session in the afternoon. Unfortunately, the number of contributed talks is limited and so we may invite the authors of some submitted abstracts to present a poster instead. The workshop is open to topics including, but not limited to:
* Academic research on Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies
* Industrial applications of Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies
* Applications of Fintech in academia and industry
* The economics of Blockchain technology
* Financial analysis and risk management with Cryptocurrencies
We are happy to announce that the speakers listed below are already confirmed to present at the workshop!
* Prof. François Longin (ESSEC Bsuiness School)
* Prof. Jörg Osterrieder (Zurich University of Applied Sciences)
* Ms. Beryl Chavez Li (CEO, CapchainX)
* Mr. John Paul Thornber (Andrews Gwynne Private Wealth Management)
For further details about the conference and submission instructions, see our website: https://blockchain-mcr.github.io/
* Submission of Abstracts: 28th May 2018 to 27th July 2018
* Notification of acceptance: by 10th August 2018
* Registration: from 28th May 2018
* Workshop: 8th September 2018
* Dr. Stephen Chan (American University of Sharjah)
* Dr. Jeffrey Chu (University of Manchester)
* Dr. Saralees Nadarajah (University of Manchester)
* Dr. Athanasios Pantelous (Monash University)
* Dr. Shou Hsing Shih (American University of Sharjah)
* Ms. Yuanyuan Zhang (University of Manchester)