Turing Network Data Study Group
Venue: University of Bristol
Sorry, this event has now ended.
Data Study Groups are intensive five day 'collaborative hackathons' which bring together organisations from industry, government, and the third sector, with talented multi-disciplinary researchers from academia. Organisations act as Challenge Owners, providing real-world problems to be tackled by researchers, enabling researchers to build collaborations and work with real-world industry datasets.
The call for participants is OPEN. Deadline to apply: Monday 8 July 2019 at 12 noon GMT. The challenges for this event are:
- Bristol City Council - Get Bristol moving: tackling air pollution in Bristol city centre
- Rothamsted Research - Tackling hidden hunger through soils
- University of Bristol - Machine learning for protein folding
- University of Surrey/Royal College of General Practitioners - Improving our ability to use routine data to inform the management of key disease areas
- University of Bristol - Applying AI and machine learning to reveal the molecular basis of heart disease
- University of Sussex/Queen Mary University of London/Huawei - Smartphone locomotion challenge
For detailed information about the challenges please visit the event page.
The application form asks for your technical experience and your experience of working in collaborative groups. We have a very wide definition of both so please be creative in your answers. Read guidance on how to write a Data Study Group application.
The Bristol Data Study Group team will cover travel expenses (up to £200 for non-UK residents), arrange accommodation, and provide food and drink throughout the week.
Find out more and apply