Venue: Wellcome Collection Auditorium, 183 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE, 10:30-16:30
On Tuesday 6 June, The Alan Turing Institute will host a day of talks from world leading experts in data science and its applications.
The talks, themed around ‘Advances and Challenges in Data Science’, feature subjects ranging from machine intelligence, to the mathematical mysteries of deep networks and public policy. The speakers are drawn from members of The Alan Turing Institute’s Scientific Advisory Board, who are taking part in this unique event during their inaugural visit to the Institute in its first year of research.
• Sinan Aral, MIT Sloan School of Management
• Robert Devereux, Department for Work and Pensions, UK Government
• Mike Lynch, Invoke Capital and Council for Science and Technology
• Stéphane Mallat, École Polytechnique
• Bin Yu, University of California, Berkeley
A programme of speakers and talk titles is available via the registration link. Attendance is free and advance registration is essential. Places can be reserved for the whole day or selected for individual talks.